Child’s age: 1.5 – 3 years old
One of our all time favourites is a series about Bartholomew Bear – a little bear who is funny, emotional and naughty just like every other toddler. Short stories are brillantly illustrated by Virginia Miller – in very few pencil strokes she is able to portray little bear’s strong emotions – so well known to any parent of a toddler.
There are six books in this series (I list the best in our opinion at the beginnning):
- Be gentle! – a story about little cat given to Bartholomew – any cat lover (any little child?) will love it
- In a minute! – this was the last one we bought and – to my surprise – it occurred to be a classis Montessori story
- Eat your dinner! – my children love to see what Ba makes with his dinner
- Go to bed! – well known problem
- On your potty!
- I love you just the way you are
I haven’t found a source for new books so we bought used ones, but they are sturdy and came in very good condition. You can find them on Amazon. I recommend board books (they also come in form of one big standard book which is not so convenient).
Virginia Miller “Eat your Dinner” (via)
Writing this post I found out there is another (seek-and-find) book about Ba which we still don’t have – Where Is Little Black Kitten. As soon as we get it in our hands I’ll update this review!